Marine Equipment Manager Jobs Vacancy in Maersk İstanbul
Maersk İstanbul urgently required following position for Marine Equipment Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marine Equipment Manager Jobs Vacancy in Maersk İstanbul Jobs Details:
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who wants to work with a competent team in an international setting. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of equipment management for East Mediterranean countries. This is one of the core functions of Maersk Liner Business, and you and your team will deliver the most efficient management of our assets in line with commercial as well as operational drivers.We offer
A truly international, open and engaging working environment in a modern working location.
- Value and team-based leadership
- Improve system & process knowledge
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
The main responsibilities of the Marine and Equipment Manager are mainly, but not limited to:
- Lead and develop the team of Equipment Specialist, and recommend to Cluster Operations Manager how and when to grow the team
- Drives efficiency and cost savings
- Communication between various stakeholders must be given in a timely manner to ensure that all data received are handled correctly.
- Constraints and problems have to be solved with own activities and assistance, and if needed, escalated to direct manager
- Maersk Line´s strategy and vision is key and operations should be in line with the given targets and the needs and bookings from several customers
- Vendor Performance management in accordance with to service level agreement
- Lead the team and develop each individual to grow their capabilities and competencies
- Coordinate all Port and Marine activities as per instructions from South Europe Liner Operations Centre and Cluster Operations Manager.
- Manage optimal equipment flow management to and East Mediterranean Cluster countries (TR, UA, BG, RO, GE, IL, LB, EG) and between ports.
- Manage all Health& Security & Safety & Environmental issues and be the focal point for EME Cluster.
- Conduct Security Audits at local facilities
- Create and facilitate good relations between Country Operations, Liner Operations Centre, Global Service Centre and Centre, actively contributing and learning from best practices.
- Be in close contact with procurement and business performance teams to make sure that vendors execute as contracted, set performance targets, plan audits etc.
- Manage empty pool within EME Cluster by relocating empties within depots and terminals based on cost minimization and in accordance with commercial needs.
- Minimize Longstanding units within the cluster.
- Ensure costs are correctly and timely collected, set tariffs and rates for full cost recovery.
- Make sure team uses internal systems and all other related systems effectively and identify and lead required offshoring or new systems projects.
- Be the responsible party to inform EME Cluster countries on official
announcements, obligations, and regulations on shipping and marine World.
- Lead operations transformation projects for EME cluster.
- Manage Kemalpasa depot; Team lead, P&L, contract management.
- Be the focal for communications with local authorities in case direct contact is unavoidable; customs, customs enforcement, harbour master, coastguard etc.
Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers
- Very bottom lined oriented
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Can settle differences with minimum noise
- Can win concessions without damaging relationships
- Can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic
- Gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations
- Has a good sense of timing
- Knows how businesses work
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and
information affecting his/her business and organization
- Knows the competition
- Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Can see hidden problems
- Is excellent at honest analysis
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Employee must be able to act very flexible and must have a for changes and/or new challenges.
- Ability to communicate with suppliers to understand their needs up the lead
- Understanding of the requirement from Local customs authorization
- Be familiar with restrictions, rules and regulations of Local laws
- Customer oriented behavior at phone-calls and in written correspondence
- Open communication with colleagues and management
- Represent the group in internal and external meetings
- Deep knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) is a requirement
- Excellent English language knowledge is required verbal and written
- Education and/or proven experiences in shipping business
- Local language
- Ability to work/decide independently
- Handle day-to-day business under stress situation
- Cost awareness
- Enjoys working hard: Is action oriented and full of energy for sees a challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
- Is dedicated to meet the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it products and services; acts with customers in mind
Drive for results:
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented with strong urgency