Translator Jobs Vacancy in Nato Joint Force Command İzmir
Nato Joint Force Command İzmir urgently required following position for Translator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Translator Jobs Vacancy in Nato Joint Force Command İzmir Jobs Details:
Job/Post Number: OLC SSX 0090
NATO Grade: LT-3
Division: Director of Management
Clearance Level: NATO SECRET
Basic Monthly Salary: 18,522.99 TRY
NATO Body/Post Location: ACO/Land Command Headquarters, Izmir (TUR)
Closing Date: 10 June 2019
1. Post Context/Post Summary
The Land Command provides to the NATO Command and Force Structures immediate responsive land planning capability.
As a section of the Base Support Group, the Base Support Management Section is intended to provide home station, limited support to the LANDCOM.
Responsible to SI for the provision of linguistic support to the Headquarters to include interpretation, translation and revision. Cooperates with other ACO linguists to provide the complete range of services.
2. Principal Duties
The incumbent's duties are:
(1) Translates all types of texts from English and French to Turkish and from Turkish and French to English.
(2) Translates from English or Turkish to French, if required.
(3) Interprets in all modes from Turkish to English and vice versa, and from French to English and Turkish.
(4) When necessary, devises terminology to cover new concepts, conducts research in relevant fields.
(5) Gives editorial assistance to authors of texts.
(6) Keeps abreast of issues related to NATO and ACO policies.
(7) Maintains a knowledge of specific and technical fields and the related terminology.
(8) Compiles relevant glossaries.
(9) Carries out administrative and organizational duties related to linguistic functions.
(10) Tests/administers English Language Proficiency tests for military personnel, as required.
(11) Acts as Qualified Language Assessor in civilian personnel recruitment actions.
(12) Any additional duties as directed.
3. Special Requirements and Additional Duties
The incumbent is required to undertake operation deployments and/or TDY assignments both within and without NATO's boundaries up to 30 days.
The work is normally performed in a Normal NATO office working environment.
Normal Working Conditions apply.
The risk of injury is categorised as: No Risk
4. Essential Qualifications
Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully responsible for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives. Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities. Influences organization, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism. Builds appropriate and effective business relationships. Makes decisions which impact the success of assigned work, i.e. results, deadlines and budget. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments. Performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities. Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts. Understands the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organizational requirements. Advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives. Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets. Assesses and evaluates risk. Communicates effectively, both formally and informally. Demonstrates leadership. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives. Takes all requirements into account when making proposals. Takes initiative to keep skills up to date. Mentors colleagues. Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry. Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement. Demonstrates creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
Minimum experience of 10 years in the field of public administration, including at least 5 years operational experience in a headquarters, preferably multinational.
A proven record of successful performance in office organization.
Good communications skills.
Good health, able to travel frequently and work irregular hours.
Good knowledge of the capabilities and practical use of computing systems.
University Degree in relevant modern languages, any subject if education accomplished in both of the mandatory languages or related discipline and 4 years post related experience, or Higher Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training in that discipline leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 5 years post related and 2 years function related experience.
The additional job specific qualifications and experience is described under Professional/Experience paragraph (4/a). In case of ambiguity the required job specific experience have priority over the standard education and training levels and experience described here.
English - SLP 4444 - (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
French - SLP 4444 - (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
The HQ's host nation language is required.
NOTE: The work both oral and written in this post and in this Headquarters as a whole is conducted mainly in English.
5. Desirable Qualifications
a. Professional Experience
Experience in senior headquarters, preferably international/multi-national organizations.
Higher Secondary education and completed higher vocational training in business administration, public administration or related discipline leading to a formal technical or professional certification with 10 years related experience, or a secondary education and completed advanced vocational training in that discipline leading to a professional qualification or accreditation with 10 years post related experience.
- Personal Attributes: (a) Thought and Judgement.
He/she uses professional judgment in interpreting the meaning of speech to be translated orally and texts to be translated and in selecting appropriate phraseology and terminology in the target language and in performing his/her other duties. Must be capable of handling linguistic tasks in many different subject areas. Must write in good style in English and Turkish and remain abreast of developments in those languages.
He/she must be capable of handling linguistic tasks in many different subject areas and of adapting working practices to new technology.
The incumbent requires tact and diplomacy in dealing with requesters of services, with other offices and with national and NATO representatives on committees and working groups.
Attends, as directed, additional training courses relevant to the above-mentioned duties.
(e) Temporary Duty (TDY).
Required to perform TDYs regularly.
- Professional Contacts: With work associates and authors/offices of primary responsibility for texts to be translated or edited, with professional colleagues in other NATO headquarters. May represent the headquarters on NATO/ACO committees.
- Contribution To Objectives: Responsible for achieving the objectives of the Linguistic Service. Enables representatives of the organization to communicate clearly with interlocutors at every level, in areas ranging from policy and operational matters to technical, legal, contractual and personnel issues.
This post reports to
- OLC SXX 0010 - Commander (Base Support Group) - OF-4
The successful candidate will receive a three-year definite duration contract which may be followed by an indefinite duration contract.
HOW TO APPLY:
Allied Land Command uses NATO Talent Acquisition Platform.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please visit the platform at: https://nato.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en, and search for vacancies within Land Command HQ.
Note that once you created your profile, you will be able to use it to apply for other vacancies within NATO.
Candidates are invited to submit their applications only if:
- They are nationals of a NATO member country
- They are over 21 and under 60 years of age at the time of taking up their appointments. Appointments of definite duration may be offered to candidates of 60 years of age or more, provided that the expiry date of the contract is not later than the date at which the candidate attains the age of 65.
Notice for candidates: LANDCOM is undergoing a reorganisation that might affect the job description of this post.